Houston: Awake to the reviews of the show last night and the best quote of the evening may have just come from Craig Hlavaty reporting for Houston Chronicle. The band seems to have found a new fire inside them performing the cuts that redefined them as arena rock’s reigning intellectuals at the end of the ’80s. Now three decades later they seem to be rediscovering the mojo that made them international heroes. All it took was a trip back to the desert for some reflection.
Could it have been the plan all along for U2 to return to the past for some reflection towards the future? The Songs of Experience has been a challenge for the band to find its way thru this political chaos, fears of terror attacks.
All indications point towards this band not giving to terrorist attacks. While security was as tight as a Super Bowl game with delays entering the venue. Fans poured in ready to be taken back 30 years with a backdrop of images including the works of Anton Corbijn; which seemed to place fans in the driver’s seat for an experience of a lifetime.
The tour moves on to Dallas and off to Chicago for a few nights. The band has pretty much settled into their setlist and the show is a visual experience that is not to be missed.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year’s Day
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
- With Or Without You
- Bullet The Blue Sky
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God’s Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
- Bad / America (snippet)
- Beautiful Day
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- The Little Things That Give You Away
* Snippets provided by U2gigs.com
Latest posts by U2TOURFANS (see all)
- Postive Vibes New U2 Album Arrives - November 30, 2017
- Experience Leave Fans Disappointed - November 8, 2017
- New song, new album, new tour up next Songs of Experience - November 6, 2017