U2 101 – Desire

Home Forums Zoo Station Blog Post Forum U2 101 – Desire

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Pam 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

broadsword

I’ve never quite been able to get my head around why Rattle & Hum was so roundly detested in the critical community. I’ve read all about how peopl
    [See the full post at: U2 101 – Desire]

Chris
    Participant

False…Rattle and Hum is indeed brilliant and there’s no reason to criticize it BUT U2 must be criticized for Invisible, their worst song ever, it’s not the SAME situation, if U2 don’t see how wrong they are now…they won’t reconsider their direction ! Of course there are some bad people who criticize them because they’re successful but it’s really not the case in our days, what U2 are doing now can’t be compared with the Rattle and Hum Era !

However, while Rattle and Hum is a massive album…what came after it is OUt of this World !!! Not the case with what U2’s doing now after “No Line…” !!! And No Line is a Huge Album ! I’d LOVE to hear the B-Sides from it ! U2 have recorded some great songs back then and in 2010 but they chose to throw all that goodness away for Inv., what a shame !!!

Best Desire version: the Zoo Tv version !

Leeny
    Participant

You say the Outside Broadcast documentary is a must see, but when I click on the link I can’t see it.
    (Sorry, Chris, but it honestly is invisible.)

joepit

No Line….huge????? Desire is better than Invisible & everything on NLOTH COMBINED!

SPun2U
    Key Master

Come on guys (& Gals), ‘Invisible’ is great tune. Maybe not on the level of anything in the AB era, but I like it, even with the drum machine sounding thingy, it’s a catch listen. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Chris
    Participant

I think that is just a photo to give some colour to the blog…Click on the play-button of the song-links below and listen to the songs, Leeny ! !!!

joepit

Spun, I like Invisible. But like Leeny, I like The Fly better.

Chris
    Participant

Definitely THE Fly !!! I heard it’s her favourite song !!!!

Chris
    Participant

Definitely THE Fly !!! I heard it’s Leeny’s favourite song !!!!

Leeny
    Participant

Just for that, I’m sending you both The Bird.

Leeny
    Participant

If so, it’s an all black photo. So much for adding color, eh?

Click on the green font “Outside Broadcast” and you will see what I am talking about.

Pam
    Participant

In my opinion the Rattle And Hum album contains some great songs and I also don´t understand why the band received some harsh criticism. For me it´s positive that U2 tried to learn more about American music as young men, but unfortunately their intention to honour some musical legends was interpreted as arrogance. The Rattle And Hum movie actually offers a few humorous moments. I always laugh when the bandmembers try to explain what´s the film about. The movie means much to me, because it gave me the very first impression of U2´s stunning live performances. After watching it in the cinema as a 15 year old teenager I knew that I would have to see this band live in concert. The Bo Diddley beat of Desire generates so much energy and it´s exciting to hear how this song changed over the years. I particularly love the satirical way Bono mocked his stardom in the Zoo TV version. He truly appeared as that “preacher stealing hearts at a travelling show”.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

U2 news, U2 tours, U2 music radio